Dirt Road
I'm too busy
Chores at home and tasks at work
I've no time for concerns of the past;
Present and future
Consumed by what's happening
At hand, right now
Not worried about things of no consequence
I may not need to remember to forget
I will be focused and ready
Fit and pleasant
Already winning, which need not matter anymore
The present of forever is consuming
Happiness and satisfaction
Never done
Chores at home and tasks at work
I've no time for concerns of the past;
Present and future
Consumed by what's happening
At hand, right now
Not worried about things of no consequence
I may not need to remember to forget
I will be focused and ready
Fit and pleasant
Already winning, which need not matter anymore
The present of forever is consuming
Happiness and satisfaction
Never done
A pair of tire tracks, indented, becoming part of the road
Coming from the opposite direction of the narrow road that sharply opposite
Smooth and well-groomed in the middle,
Rough and unruly along the shoulder
A frenzied moment of exuberance and delight, brought about by meticulous planning and constant hard-work
That doesn't need to be great
That shouldn't be overlooked
And is proud and honorable
Close to home, yet soaring through dreamland
It's gonna keep going when we get tired and frustrated
It's gonna help to stay as long as we see fit
And move us up the ladder as we're ready
It's gonna help us work together
To build something real
Even if we fail
We can get up again
It needs to be us
It is great
Dark green, thick forest covers and old stone wall just out of sight
Covered in moss and ever-so-slightly falling apart
Buried in the dark vegetation for years now
Among fallen trees and bare sticks of all shapes and sizes
Not always the best idea
Or the right thing to do
But sometimes we rest
Everyone
Needs their sleep
Time off
Breaks or vacations
That restore the mind and body
To where we need it to be
We are at our best when we are there
And we give the most from what we offer
Injuries and accidents happen
People get sick
Tired, worn-out, bummed out or just unmotivated
So we have our breaks
To return better than ever
Refreshed and ready to go


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home